Solo travel post cancelled engagement
I’m 35F and recently single after a LTR of 4 years (Engaged 1 year). It’s been over a month and been doing a lot of work on myself with getting therapy, praying, meditating, podcasts and Reddit peeps.
I’m currently trying to plan a solo trip to Paris. My ex never wanted to travel and just hated a lot of things I liked. I’m a hopeless romantic at heart. I’ve always wanted to travel and visit Paris, I think it’s the hopeless romantic girl in me. Call it my Eat, Pray, Love trip, but I want to go because if I don’t and wait for someone to go with me, it will never happen. I’m trying to get my groove back and just find myself again. There’s a saying I’ve recently heard “if you’re going to be sad, be sad in Paris!”. I’m thinking of going Thanksgiving week. I’m a teacher and I’ll be off that week. Any tips or ideas? I’m on a budget since all my money was going towards the wedding but do have some savings.
I’m thinking about staying at a hostel and get a single room since it seems it will be cheaper and I heard you can meet other solo travelers. I’m not trying to meet any men, just people to connect with and even possibly going through the same experience. Any tips or places you’ve stayed at, places you recommend are safe to stay at as a women.
Another note I wanted to include, I’m a Spanish speaking brown skinned Latina plus sized woman. I’m also wondering how the plan ride will be traveling over 8 hours. Also how people treat POC plus size women in Europe. Anyone travel with Air France? 😬
Similar to this post
- r/wownoobSolo Farming Island Expeditions83%411/19/2021
- r/solotravelSolo female travel to India: anyone else been like this?89%717/20/2018
- r/solotravelSolo Travel in Costa Rica questions93%41Mar 4
- r/solotravelSolo Travel to Bogota? Safety Tips - Travelling Oct 202275%9Aug 21
- r/soloboardgamingSolo Economic Game Recommendations100%10Aug 19
- r/solotravelThe world is a really sad place once you return from solo...90%2112d
- r/solotravelWhat are the most stupid things you did in a foreign...99%4355d
- r/solotravelHow many more "I'm sad" posts until its too much? That...85%1189h
- r/solotravelAnyone else love solo travel because it gets you off your...91%634d
- r/solotravelIs 29 too old for party hostels in Europe?89%2155d
- r/solotravelAre friends always bound to piss you off when you travel...92%1121d
- r/solotravelThe importance of taking photos and journaling96%403d
- r/solotravelWhat to do in the evenings as a solo traveller?96%1186d
- r/solotravelI have the desire but feel paralyzed to travel93%1721d
- r/solotravelName an 'unusual' item that you think should always come...96%24820h