Could I preempt HOA creation by making my own restrictive covenants?
FHOA - this is hypothetical, for now.
Let's say I owned a piece of non-HOA land, which I believe would be desirable to a real estate developer at some point down the line.
Could I draft up my own restrictive covenants, that go with the land? Much like HOA membership.
Perhaps simply prohibiting any new covenants/HOAs from being attached to the land going forwards?
Or maybe something stipulating that any subsequent associations attempting to collect dues from property owner, owe the owner (or maybe some other org) triple any monies collected from this land?
Just kind of spitballing here - wondering if it's possible to prevent/obstruct an HOA from taking on a plot of land in the future.
Similar to this post
- r/fuckHOAIt is technically a flower.99%214d
- r/fuckHOAMy HOA always takes the required 30 days to approve a...98%285d
- r/fuckHOADo you think HOAs will die off as boomers die off?88%3321d
- r/fuckHOABoard voted on a R&R that blocks my two car garage; can...97%1192d
- r/fuckHOAPosting on behalf of my coworker again. A neighbor...95%615d
- r/fuckHOAHOA and dogs90%312d
- r/fuckHOAHas anyone seen an example where their hoa actually...97%4819h
- r/fuckHOAIL: HOA President had the roofing vendor block the...96%681d
- r/fuckHOAHOA fails to fix my road with potholes and cracks, says...95%4217h
- r/fuckHOAHow limited are HOAS in what lawsuits they can defend...89%453d
- r/fuckHOAFill out a form before HOA fixes anything?97%326d
- r/fuckHOAThe HOA is telling me I might need to leave my unit97%136h
- r/fuckHOATownhome has extensive mold due to Board refusing to...87%1612h
- r/fuckHOAI just found out my HOA is only 26% funded, is this...97%335d
- r/fuckHOACan a Board create new bylaws without the vote of the...84%282d