Press J to jump to the feed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts
Found the internet!
Posted by2 months ago

What do I need to leave?

So, I plan on cutting contact in 2 years, once im 18, shes aware of this whenever we fight, but when shes in a good mood shes willing to give me stuff. I know my social secerty number, though I don't have the card, no clue where my birth certifcit is, what else would I need?, Ima try to lie and say I need it for culinary, Im gonna try to leave next month if able to but I prob cant but I wanna be ready for the day I do leave

100% Upvoted
level 1
· 2 mo. ago

any documents with your name on it (court orders, birth certificate, credit card, student number) living supplies a lock on your door

level 2
Op · 2 mo. ago

Ya, Im gonna try to get ahold of the birth certificate somehow, maybe lie and say I need it for something (will figure out a lie sometime) since shes aware Im gonna be trying to get out, but doesnt know when or how

level 1

You can go to a social security office and request a replacement card, or even online. replacement card application

All you need is something to prove your citizenship and identity. If you have a passport, that would prove both. On that website it says that you might not need a new card, but I think you should just to be as independent as possible. You can also get your own copy of your birth certificate, and could get it expedited but it would probably cost more. copy of birth certificate

A drivers license or state ID would also probably help a lot if you don’t already have one.

I’m am trying to get all of this stuff to move out too. I hope everything works out for you :)

level 2
Op · 2 mo. ago

Thank you, Im getting my permit in 2 months, (I have a late birthday), Ya, I gotta get a bit of money , Im gonna try go get a card for work that like drectly disposets into it but isnt connected to a bank account , I forgot what its called but it bascially will stop my family/ parents having access to my money

level 1

If in united States, you can order your birth certificate from the register of deeds online

level 1

I’m planning on leaving too, but no one knows. I just ordered my replacement SSN and now I have to order my birth certificate. I already had my license and know my SSN which makes it 10x easier.