is it abusive behavior for my mother to self-harm and then use it to make me feel bad?
tw self harm i guess
a few weeks ago, i noticed cuts on my mother's arm and i asked her what happened, and she told me not to worry about it/we'll talk about it later. tonight, we were talking (fighting) and she brought up the cuts on her arm and then told me that she did it herself. i asked her why and see said she did it to "see how cuts heal so she would know if i was lying about the freshness of my scars". of course, i start crying, and she starts saying shit like "now you know how it feels" and "take how you're feeling right now and multiply it by a thousand, that's how i feel when you cut yourself."
i want to tell my dad, but i don't know if he already knows. my parents are also divorced and i don't know if this would have any effect on the custody arrangement. i just don't know what to do.
Similar to this post
- r/abusiveparentsChild abuse is “a hidden epidemic” (van der Kolk)100%95d
- r/abusiveparentsMy mom just told me to kill myself95%84d
- r/abusiveparentsso my parents physically abused me..100%281d
- r/abusiveparentsabuser acts like she is the victim100%622h
- r/abusiveparents“But he’s your Dad”97%13d
- r/abusiveparentsI just wanna say I'm proud of you all100%45d
- r/abusiveparentsMy dad just sent me a weird video100%136d
- r/abusiveparentslocked outside as a child f22100%42d
- r/abusiveparentswondering if I should try to get my mom committed100%14d
- r/abusiveparentsmy parents acts as if i never existed part one100%44d
- r/abusiveparentsIs it wrong to want this for your mom? AITA?100%86d
- r/abusiveparentsPeople who were hit as kids,100%78h
- r/abusiveparentsHelping my toxic parents100%81d
- r/abusiveparentsadult adoption100%45d
- r/abusiveparentsMy GFs father is verbally abusive, what can I do?100%82d