My MIL stole my sonogram pictures and then tried to gaslight me.
I was told to share this in here for better advice…. And I really need it. We are pregnant with our rainbow baby and we couldn’t be happier. On Friday we had our 12 weeks sonogram and got plenty of pictures to take home.
My MIL and FIL came to visit so they could see them and, eventually, the pictures disappeared. I asked them for help to find them but they were just nowhere to be found. My MIL was pretty eager to leave and that didn’t sit well with me, after they left I couldn’t stop thinking about it.
So on Sunday we went to their place for lunch and, when I went to the bathroom, I went into their bedroom and found the pictures in her nightstand. I was fuming. We were planning to give each side of the family copies of the pictures and a framed one (and we told them), but of course she just wanted them all. I confronted her when I came back and she just said “she thought they were for her” which is clearly a lie (I asked them for help to find them for crying out loud, and was visibly upset).
It’s not the first time she pulls something like this and, while my husband defended me in front of them when she protested for my snooping, he then told me I’d crossed a line when I opened her drawers. I know it wasn’t the nicest thing to do, I regret having to stoop to her level but I was just so angry. I could have taken them and not said anything but I’m just sick of everyone enabling her.
She ruins any special occasion where she doesn’t feel like she’s getting her way. FIL, husband and the rest of the family’s solution is just to ignore her to avoid a scene, “she doesn’t mean anything by it, you know how she is, just don’t pay her any attention”. I’ve never antagonized her but I’m sooo done, this was too much. What can I possibly do to make this better before the baby comes? 😓
Similar to this post
- r/JUSTNOMILMIL, “I don’t like your hair”100%1603d
- r/JUSTNOMILMIL decided to open a box she was told not to and ruined...98%1784d
- r/JUSTNOMILUpdate: My partner is finally standing up for our family...98%18418h
- r/JUSTNOMILMIL Pantry Set Up99%641d
- r/JUSTNOMILMIL shows up to my labor uninvited98%1435d
- r/JUSTNOMILH finally gets why I set gift boundaries with MIL100%1506d
- r/JUSTNOMILSeparate beds on thanksgiving 🤠91%2856d
- r/JUSTNOMILMIL taking us to Court98%1602d
- r/JUSTNOMILMIL ruined Thanksgiving for us, and herself.98%893d
- r/JUSTNOMILDidn’t get the invite for Thanksgiving99%734d
- r/JUSTNOMILMIL ruined my future wedding day.97%1986d
- r/JUSTNOMILMIL says Xmas is cancelled because of my husband (30) and...99%1962d
- r/JUSTNOMILI know how this movie ends99%534d
- r/JUSTNOMILMIL (60F) claims that I (23F) am stealing her son and...98%1062d
- r/JUSTNOMILWhy are my in-laws even here in my home?96%1501d