Friendly reminder about Litecoin (hate away, I don't care)
After all the shit with Luna, UST and other crap, a friendly reminder about Litecoin, which boasts 100% uptime for more than 10 years since inception. The only thing lagging is price, but if you're looking for a real, true, solid crypto, remember:
- OG, created in 2011 as a clone of bitcoin but on its own blockchain (not a fork like btc cash, btc sv, btc gold etc) but faster with negligible transaction fees.
- Hard capped supply at 84 million coins that will ever exist (21 million for bitcoin) = scarcity.
- Lightning fast transactions thanks to lightning network (shared with bitcoin, also atomic swaps) = scalability.
- Privacy (optional!) and fungibility thanks to MWEB.
- Security thanks to PoW through scrypt.
- Liquidity thanks to being on basically every exchange.
- OmniLite for creating NFTs, smart contracts, stablecoins, decentralized tokens.
- Adoption, most recently Paypal, Venmo, AMC, Regal, Newegg, interactive brokers, Grayscale eyeing a spot ETF conversion, top alt on Bitpay, Amazon, Verifone, VISA, litecoin in most ATMs that have bitcoin including El Salvador, Coinstar, several banks globally, etc.
- The Economist put litecoin on the cover next to bitcoin for their 2022 issue.
- Charlie Lee, the founder, sold his coins in 2017 to make litecoin truly decentralized. And he's still, half a decade later, working on litecoin and matches donations!
Other crypto might be fast, OR scarce, OR secure, etc. Litecoin does everything.