AITA for asking my SIL to babysit my Kids.
I 33F have 3 kids under 4 both my husband and I work full time. We send out children to day care which is VERY expensive. My SIL(27) husband's little sister is due to give birth to her first baby in about a month. She is very lucky her job is providing her with 6 months maternity leave fully paid.
Here is where the conflict comes in. Since she will be home for 6 months watching her baby my husband and I were thinking we could also drop our children off. My husbands mother is there with her most days anyway and her husband for the first 3 weeks so she has a lot of help. It would also be a nice time for all the cousins to bond and get close. It would also save us a ton in child care cost for 6 months and we can throw some money in savings finally.
My husband and I visited his sister last week and brought this up to her near the end of our visit she was very quiet but said she would think about it. The next day she sent my husband a text saying that she discussed it with her husband and they decided they want that time to just bond with the baby and taking the kids would be too much. We honestly think this is BS and her husband obviously talked her out of it. She has her husband and my MIL there to help her she wont even need to brother with my kids and its only for 6 moths. We offered to let her have 2 weeks with just the baby so they can bond and start brining out kids after that but she declined.
My husband is more upset then I am and has been ignoring his sister since in his words is she cant help out family then she isn't his family. She has called and texted mu husband many times but he ignored them all then blocked her. she is very upset about his and so is MIL she keeps telling my husband he is ruining her pregnancy and causing her stress. He wont back down and now my MIL is mad at me because I was the one who asked. I see my husbands point family should help family but I wish he would just back down to make peace.
Judging you right now
Similar to this post
- r/AmITheDevilAITA for kicking my SIL out of my wedding because of what...92%999Aug 1
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for doing weird/awkward poses whenever my MIL...92%4.8k3d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for sitting on my husband's lap during Thanksgiving...93%4.0k1d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for not doing anything for christmas this year and...95%4.0k6d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for making a post about my daughter’s favorite...79%5.1k6d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for pretending not to know my fiancé after she had a...96%2.4k3d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for asking my girlfriend to start making me...84%6.2k20h
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for leaving when my mom told me to move my car so...96%3.3k3d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for crashing my wife’s birthday party and taking her...91%2.6k2d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for refusing to give up my seat(s) and being crass...96%1.5k1d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for asking my son and his STBW to pay to spend their...84%5.7k4d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for telling my wife’s kid sister I never liked her?97%1.5k6d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for refusing to let my daughter invite her bio dad...90%5.2k5d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for refusing to participate in my bf's family's...93%2.9k2d
- r/AmItheAssholeAITA for telling my sister that my special needs niece is...97%2.0k1d